Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Testimony

This testimony begins with recognizing the bitterness and resentment a friend had in her heart for her husband. As she sit and listen to her Pastor teach last Sunday morning, and he simply said,"you need to stop being angry with your husband." She told me that she knew he wasn't talking about her. He continue his message for the morning and never mentioned it again. But she thought about it, repented and went up for prayer.

She called me the next day to talk. As always I gave her a scripture to confess and two things to do (1) Say the scripture daily (2) Change your confession regarding your husband. You should be speaking the Word of God over him daily.

Sister Jacqueline shared this testimony with me a coffee time.
I was glad because I was working on a project for my single friends. Apostle Paul said we should set our goal to please God.(2 Corinthians 5:9). We know there are different ways we can look at a marriage. Daily, we need to consider what we do and say and ask. Am I pleasing Jesus Christ or myself? It makes you think about the relationship.

Instead, most of us ask, Will this satisfy me? How can I be fulfilled? What will make me happy? I wonder what will happen if we asked this question. What suggestion, ideas and thoughts would please God in my marriage today? If we are to live out the New Covenant, we need to follow the words of Apostle Paul: "Those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again"(2 Corinthians 5:15NIV).

Just wanted to share a true testimony today. It's my prayer that someone would be blessed. Annie Dennis Eskridge, author of Sin Abides...www.ruthplace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment