Friday, October 29, 2010

Building a Soldier's Character

In Romans 6:6-13, Apostle Paul gives steps that we must take in order to build the character that will defeat the old man and emulates Jesus' character.

1. I must know that my sinful nature was put to death when Jesus died on the Cross(see Romans 6:6).
2. I must reckon my self dead, just as Jesus was dead(see Romans 6:11).
3. I must refuse to let sin continue to dominate me (see Romans 6:12).
4. I must present myself to God like someone raised from the dead. My physical members must be an instruments of righteousness(see Romans 6:13).

Just something for you to think about. God's purpose is to replace the old man with a new man of His own creation. Apostle Paul tells us "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness"(Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment