Saturday, July 14, 2012

Word of Comfort


The Word of God tells us to comfort one another when a loved one has made their transition. “We are always confident, knowing that while we are home in the body we are absent from the Lord” (2 Cor 5:6NKJV). Because the Believer has God’s guarantee, he or she can be confident, be of good cheer that their loved one is with the Lord, if he or she was His child. This can be the case for many of us, but you still have a pain.
As I went through this valley, as the tears flowed down, without words to express for the moment. Now, my best girlfriend from school is no longer where I can call her, no longer can I laugh and talk girl talk. You see this is how I expressed my hurt and pain.
            Death is just like a toothache, the pain get lesser each day. Yes, it hurts now, but each day it gets easier to face the next day. Yes, you may cry, because you sense a void, but it is Jesus that gives the strength to go through a period of sadness. But, because, we know where our loved one is, we can rejoice in the Lord.  5/26/2012
            Everyone has the right to go through a grieving period, but its much easier when you have hope, you can rejoice because they are in the presence of the True and Living God. So, even as I write this blog, I think about my friend for over fifty years. May she rest in peace and she does not have to suffer any more. She has received her glorified body. Annie Dennis Eskridge, author of Sin Abides.

No comments:

Post a Comment