Monday, December 27, 2010

Word of Wisdom

"Now let no man contend, or rebuke another; For your people are like those who contend with the priest. Therefore you shall stumble in the day; The prophet also shall stumble with you in the night; And I will destroy your mother.My people are destroyed for lack knowledge, Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children"(Hosea 4:4-6NKJV).

For years I have heard this taught across the pulpit, but I didn't fully understand it. My first semester in seminary, I had to speak on this passage. I was led to share part of the teaching with you today. God made a charge against Israel for failing to teach God's law to His people. This was Israel's religious leaders downfall.They were accused of keeping the people from knowing GOD,destroyed for lack of knowledge. They were suppose to be spiritual leaders , but they had become leaders of wrongdoings. Even today, people will see the priest(spiritual leaders) doing wrong and they assume it's okay for them to do also. Spiritual leaders have a heavy responsibility. It doesn't matter what you teach, bible study, or lead a group, you need to take your leadership role serious. God will deal with all priest for wrongdoing with His judgment. He will terminate the priestly line.

The Old Testament prophet was known as the messenger of the Lord. In Malachi 2:7, this is the only time that the priests are called the messengers of the Lord. So, we see where it was important for them to teach the Word of God correctly.

I shared this to say the Word of God will stand forever whether we accept it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment